The air is fresh, the sun is out, and the summer maintenance checklist is on the fridge. Take advantage of longer summer days and perfect weather to take care of some maintenance items around your home.
10 Summer Maintenance Checklist Items:
1. Clean out the dryer vent and exhaust duct as they can be hidden places for a fire hazard
2. Repair and fix any cracks or chips of paint throughout the house for a fresh look in every room of the house
3. Power wash or reseal your deck to get ready for outside summer activities with family and friends
4. Wash the windows on your home both inside and outside for better scenic views of nature or the blooms around neighborhood
5. Clear out full gutters around the perimeter of the home before colorful autumn leaves fill them next season
6. Replace the AC filter and be sure the date on the filter to remember when it was freshly changed
7. Run the clean cycle on the washing machine to help prevent mold and increase the life of the appliance
8. Replace batteries on the smoke alarms and carbon dioxide detectors to protect your family all year long
9. Wipe down and clean dusty baseboards to help brighten up a room
10. Organize clutter in the garage to clear room for a new summer bike or simply more open space
Use our full summer maintenance checklist or modify it to fit your home needs. By checking off 1 to 2 items per week, your home will feel fresh and new as we approach cooler weather and shorter days of the fall. Interested in learning more about our homes? Visit us at www.shorelineparkcity.com for virtual home tours and more.